Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Low Calorie Yogurt Cheesecake

This is one of the most delicious and easy recipe I have tried in the last few months. After months of trying to master the skill of making french maroons, I was happy to find an easy and delicious recipe to make a cheesecake!
I adapted this recipe for this recipe and it turned out amazing

2 cups of yogurt (I used plain fat free organic yogurt)
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 Tbsp flour ( I had some rice flour and it is a great substitute for corn starch)
Pinch of salt
Pinch of Cardamom (I used it as a flavoring agent instead of vanilla. It provides an Indian touch)

For Crust
15-20 Graham crackers 
2-3 Tbsp of milk


 For the crust, just crush the graham crackers in a blender and add the milk
Make a layer of crust in a pie dish by pressing the graham cracker mixture by your fingers

Now mix all the other ingredients in the blender and combine them

Pour the yogurt mixture in the pie crust
Pre-heat over to 375 deg C and bake the cheesecake for 30 min or so.
When done, the cheesecake is jiggly at the center and starts to pull away from the edges.
Remove from the oven, cool it for hour or so and voila! Yogurt cheesecake is done!

Trust me, this is divine. The yogurt gives it the creamy texture of a true cheesecake and the graham cracker crust provides necessary crunch!



No comments: