Friday, February 21, 2014

Breakfast Muffins

This morning, I wanted to try a different take on standard breakfast. So I combined the breakfast ingredients to make these awesome muffins. I love baking with minimum measurements, no butter (as far as possible) and less sugar. You can imagine that most of experiments are not crowd favorites. But these muffins turned out really good!


The recipe is easy

3/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Instant Oats
pinch on Nutmeg
pinch of Baking soda
1/3 cup Sugar / Brown Sugar (whatever you prefer)
1 egg
1/2 banana mashed
1/2 carrot grated
1/3 cup milk (I used 1%, feel free to use whatever you want - skim, whole)
1 tsp of olive oil
Nuts, Chocolate Chips (optional)

Mix all the ingredients and pour it in a muffin tray. Bake for 15min at 350C.
You will have great breakfast muffins!!


I had some leftover icing, so also decorated some of the muffins!!


 




No comments: