Friday, June 1, 2012

Summer Rolls

Summer Rolls or Vegetable Rolls are the perfect evening snack. They are easy to make and satisfy the evening hunger without filling you up. The basic recipe for summer rolls is commonly available and has tofu, rice noodles and veggies stuffed in rice paper. Generally I stuff the rice paper with whatever veggies I can find in the fridge.
For this one I used mostly cucumber and carrots.
The standard accompaniment is the awesome "Peanut Sauce" and I love it, but the main ingredient for it is peanut butter and I am not a huge fan of PB. So I developed this 'sauce' to accompany the summer rolls.

Balsamic vinegar
Soy sauce
Sriracha
Olive oil
Crushed peanuts
Sugar


The quantities vary every time. Best way is to keep tasting and adjusting till you have the perfect combination of tangy, sweet, spicy taste. Trust me this concoction tastes really good :)

No comments: