Saturday, June 2, 2012

Italian Food it is!

I have always loved pasta.. and using the ready made sauces it was a staple dinner item.
Recently I tried making pesto sauce and the result was awesome. Generally I use base recipe that is readily available on the internet and make my own edits based on the ingredients I have.
For my pesto I used

1 whole pack of basil
2-3 cloves of garlic
olive oil - to make a paste consistency
salt to taste
lemon juice to taste
Crushed peanuts (this is instead of the suggested Pine nuts)

And trust me the result was delicious.. :)


To get to the next level, my amazing pasta needed a salad. Immediately I thought of Caprese Salad, one of my favorite :) I was surprised how easy it was to make it.

Two tomatoes cut in slices (I just used the normal stem tomatoes instead of the Heirloom ones)
Couple of slices of mozzarella cheese
Couple of basil leaf
Drizzle of balsamic vinegar


I wish you could taste the amazing salad, it turned out pretty good
Pasta, Caprese Salad and some wine.. the perfect Friday night dinner!

No comments: